A Million People for the Missing

'Together we will make a difference'

Missing Teens US

Latisha Frazier August 2, 2010 Washington,DC

« Back to Album Photo 2 of 48 Previous | Next
Latisha Frazier   August 2, 2010   Washington,DC
Latisha has a tattoo of "Diamond" on her right arm. She may go by the nickname "Lil Pooh." Eyes-Brown Hair-Black Sex-female WASHINGTON - D.C. Police arrested the sixth and final suspect Thursday in the murder of Latisha Frazier, a teenager who vanished last August 2nd under mysterious circumstances. Her body has never been found. Three teenage girls, one as young as 16, have all been charged with her murder along with three young men. Latisha Frazier, 18, was missing for five months before her family started getting strange messages on Facebook. Some of them were threatening, telling Latisha's sister Latoya they knew where she lived, proving it by listing her address. The messages, all of them too vile to be re-printed, claimed Latisha was dead, her remains scattered in Rock Creek, and threatened Latoya would be next. Frightened, Latoya took the messages to the media and police. It proved to be the key to the case. In the last ten days, D.C. Police have arrested five suspects in the case. The last and sixth was finally taken into custody just after 1 pm Thursday, locked up by officers with the Joint Fugitive Task Force who found him inside 1787 Trenton Place Southeast. The same apartment investigators think Latisha Frazier was lured to and then killed. "We had a subject wanted in the District of Columbia for felony murder," said Sergeant George Darley with the Task Force. "It was issued Tuesday afternoon, we received information he was inside this location, we came inside, took him into custody." According to a police affidavit, the 18-year-old was jumped by three teenage girls when she entered the apartment August 2nd. Three other men were there, one of them bragging about "finishing her off." Police believe the teen?s body was taken out of the apartment and thrown in a dumpster behind the building. Her remains have never been found. "I think we have a pretty good chance of finding Latisha and that's our plan," said D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier in an interview Thursday, "In fact I have meetings about that today to do everything we can to recover her." For months, Latoya Frazier searched for her sister. Along with other family members, they would pass out flyers. "I'm glad, I'm happy," said Latoya Frazier in an interview Thursday. "It just makes me feel good that everybody was arrested, I think they really need to pay for what they did, she didn't deserve that." The police affidavit says the motive for the killing was revenge over missing money, $900 allegedly stolen by Latisha. "We started out looking for her, passing out flyers everywhere, businesses, everywhere, we called the morgue, we called hospitals." But in the end it was the messages on Facebook that finally solved the case, all of them too vile to re-print. When a local TV station picked up the story and reported the threatening messages, a witness came forward and pointed a finger at a man named Brian Gaither. From there all of the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. Latoya and her family are now praying the police are able to find Latisha's remains. Metropolitan Police Department (Washington, D.C.) 1-202-727-9099 If you have any information concerning the disappearance of Latisha please contact Metropolitan Police Department (Washington, D.C.) 1-202-727-9099
Posted on May 1, 2011 Full Size|

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In